View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2007, 15:50   #130
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TGV member and losing roids? Thank Kargool.

That's where i differ. In order to sacrifice your standing in a game, your chances to win have to be good enough. Neither CT nor Angels have any good chance to win at the moment, so they would be most likely only sacrificing their 2nd place.
Lokken has another point: You need to trust your counterpart to hold on to their side of the bargain. That is easily said than done. When you and your alliance members find yourselves exhausted after 3 or more days of steady incs from the top alliance, your members themselves will start to question that decision. In the end, an HC has to care for all of his members. If it was a one man battle, i would probably sacrifice my second place for a chance at #1 if this chance was high enough, knowing that if i get screwed, it's only me who goes down. In order for it to work at an alliance level, every single member would have to agree on potentially sacrificing their ranks, their collective second place, in order to get a very small chance of winning.
I have nothing against your points of view, but to be honest, i find they are very idealistic if not utopical.