View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2009, 10:20   #215
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: R31 tick 450 | Current state of politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
I just didnt see the need to constantly post on forums how great you guys were and I doubt it's gonna help you turn this round around too.
I haven't noticed anyone except Theam saying comparing us this round to last round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek View Post
but kila, pre round you guys were making agreements in anticipation for a fight this round.
No we weren't. As far as most of our members knew, Anne and Isil wanted to do politics during the round. Many didn't even know that. We left it at that and nobody really thought we'd have to fight another big war.
If "making agreements in anticipation for a fight" results in an agreement to speak to xvx and ROCK at p200, Isil and Anne must have really failed.

Quote:
If an alliance that single handedly was opposition (like omen last round) emerged, are you saying that you would have been ill prepared for the fight?
I'm not sure how you really prepare for a war? NAPs etc?
If we were to go 1v1 with a main contender I still think we'd stand a good chance. I'm not saying that Asc is terrible at all, I just don't think that today's Ascendancy would have won last round.

Quote:
I always thought the wonder of the asc format is that once one person was not able to do their job there would always be somebody to take their place and pick up the slack etc
This fails when nobody really steps up to do so. Sure, when there's nobody to DC someone will step up as a DC is necessary, but when there's nobody sorting day attacks/defdrain missions, there doesn't seem to be a huge void and people just don't tend to fill it.
Another note is the quality of those who did stuff last round. I don't think you can find two better DCs than JBG and Golan (let alone two who are willing to put the effort in), and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who dedicated as much time to setting up attacks as Smasher did.