View Single Post
Unread 2 Jan 2010, 19:07   #16
steveopotamus

steveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the rough
Re: 10th anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
You seem pretty good at splitting hairs in 4 and making a problem out of something that shouldn't be.
- January or February is the same. R35 will be spread over those 2 months it is appropriate to have the anniversary on that round
- Round naming process is not carved in some sacred stone sent to us by god. We can adapt to a unique situation and react swiftly to a great suggestion from Kargool, that we would have missed without him.
Exceptionnal circumstance >> exceptionnal decision

It's not even worth arguing with you, you're missing the whole point of an anniversary. If you tell us that the MAD suggestion is yours I'll understand you're fight otherwise it doesn't make sense.
See, therein lies the problem. The suggestion for having a 10 year anniversary name was great. However, I personally don't think that the suggested name itself was good. There's where we are having our disconnect I think. I would rather get a bunch of people involved and get a cool name that RELATES to planetarion AND the 10 year mark, rather than settle for some vanilla "happy anniversary" name. To me it's worth spending the extra time to do it right.

Personally, I would do a 10th anniversary skin to go with their 10th anniversary name. I'm sure other people have other ideas that can be put into play. But when you rush something like this and celebrate these exceptional circumstances with a "happy anniversary, see in 10 more years," you miss out on the chance for people to really contribute.

This is like forgetting about you and your wife's anniversary and picking up flowers on the way home, instead of taking the time before hand to plan a trip that happens after your anniversary date. But yeah, I could see how you think I don't understand the complex point of an anniversary...
steveopotamus is offline   Reply With Quote