View Single Post
Unread 1 Jan 2010, 19:09   #7
steveopotamus

steveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the roughsteveopotamus is a jewel in the rough
Re: 10th anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
What is up with all these 0 post accounts suddenly piping up in support of voting for round names? It's really weird.

In any case everyone here is missing the point. The fact that PA will be a decade old next month should be taken as an opportunity for PR (and also as an oh god what are we still doing here, but that's a different matter).
Well first, since you've been posting here for 5 years you should be happy that new people are posting. I thought that's what alot of people were wanting in this game...new blood.

Secondly, I don't think anybody is missing the point. The title of the post "10th anniversary" pretty much sums it up. But, if there is already a mechanism in place to name rounds, then submit a name for consideration via that mechanism. There was an in game mail on how to do it...

Finally, bypassing the voting process (pretty much the only thing the player base can somewhat control) is something I just don't support. Round 36 will still be in the 10th anniversary time frame. Just submit it for consideration for next round. Maybe the admin team will decide to make the next round submissions based on a tenth anniversary theme so that we can get alot of creative suggestions on how to incorporate the tenth anniversary into the general planetarion theme.
steveopotamus is offline   Reply With Quote