View Single Post
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 22:38   #79
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Leaders That Don't Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Most countries are capitalist?
i assumed for some semblance of an argument that what was meant was that countries with socialized medicine, e.g., uk, france, germany, sweden, were compared to countries without, e.g., the US.

if we are comparing Cuba vs. the world that's a pretty sad statistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
That's a good questions. Tthe problem is the future, not now.. You may get the medicine you need today, but you won't get the medicine you need in the future, because it won't be developed if all wealthy governments turn to socialized medicine.
getting medicated now but not in future vs.
not getting medicated now and not getting medicated in the future?

i can see the pharmaceuticals argument; if people want someone to develop new drugs, they have to pay for the research. but i can see people's response too: "no, actually we don't. good try though."

the fact is, everyone is a selfish ass. the Pharms want to make as much money as possible (obviously), and the people want to pay as little as possible (obviously), and they both can't be bothered with any layer of ethics betwixt.

So you get the massive shitpot that is north american medicine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
Perhaps you should just spell it out rather than asking me to guess what you are talking about.
"90% of medicines produced under capitalism"? lot of questions and quibbles. what % of the world pharmaceutical economy is capitalism? by produced, does that mean patented or manufactured? do these pills work?

and even if all else turns out to be true in favor of capitalism, how many of these pills are erectile dysfunction related?

i don't see how numerical comparisons like that can be made for one country curing, say, cancer, and another curing pinky toe zits.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote