View Single Post
Unread 1 Sep 2005, 13:13   #10
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: What Language is the "best" to learn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Learn C/C++ at a first.

Benefits are clearly that you learn the inside on how programs work - learning Java or Delphi or VB or C# first hides a lot of the real world and common knowledge from you.
My option is delphi (which uses pascal as a base), its as fast (and sometimes faster) than C++, and its less cyptic (code is more plain english). Also you can find literally thousands of websites with code, turorials and addons for delphi such as

http://www.clootie.ru/ - This is a site for using DirectX 9c in delphi, it also has demo programs too.
cc.borland.com/community - This is a for C++, C#, Delphi and JBuilder(java)
www.torry.net - Loads of componants for delphi and coding tips too.
http://www.sourceforge.net - Loads of applications and with source code

Those are a selection of the ones I use the most.

Borland are now putting all their C, VB languages into the Delphi IDE, so you can do C++ code and delphi code with the same compiler!

I can hear a new head and shoulders type advert "Do you take two compilers with you in to the shower? Not any more with Delphi!"

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 12 Sep 2005 at 09:17.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote