View Single Post
Unread 25 May 2006, 10:15   #34
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: I have a friend (shock horror) who cuts herself

JBG: depends on the person itself and his/her scenario etc

self-harm is usually i find, to alleviate some guilt/responsibility and so forth - make yourself feel in control, similar to the psychological natures of bulimia. talking to her or not depends on the person itself and what you may think caused it, if it seems extremely serious and she is almost hopeless then i'd probably intervene and offer a shoulder to cry on and/or someone to always let feelings out to. however, if it's something she needs to do to keep in control of certain things, then it's most likely that it won't ever venture into real harm and it's something more deep-rooted (ie family forcing her into x and y, etc) but i'm not really too sure how to deal with that, as it branches off into a whole new level of involvement.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote