View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2007, 18:18   #9
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts
Re: robot rights. good, bad, or ugly ?

I never said it happened overnight ;/ only that i was informed about the near completion of it since recently. I was awere of it, ofcourse, i just didnt know it has achieved any significant results and was still massively theoretical and ongoing.

As to the AI development, how would we know if all of us not are as dumb/ignorant as me ? I never actually implied some guy waking up figguring out complex comprehensive theory of artifical intelligence and implementing it at the same time on a global scale. You misunderstood me. However, its silly to deny the possibility that we, at our current stage of progress, have means to research and develop fully functioning artifical intelligence, I dont have to point out that Computer Technology is, probably, the fastest growing field of research and implementation. We have the means to use it on a body that we can create. So the wuestion is, if there is a talented software writer capable of doing it anywhere in the world. I am not saying it is so, just that its possible. If its likely or not is another discussion.

Its not about if this is within the time when it should be discussed, but if it should, and how if it is indeed so, should it be implemented in our laws and everyday lives.

Have some imagination, if everything else fails to get throught to you, for crying out loud.

So far everyone said, "oh, it too early for us to be able to tell anything".

I am saying our moral values today are as relevant as they would ever were. We dont need to actually HAVE something to apply the law to. Just the mere possibility of the application for this law is the discusison here.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote