View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2007, 17:38   #8
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: robot rights. good, bad, or ugly ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighteh
@ mr.jakiri: this is the type of responce that aleviates responcibility. There is no reason not to debate the topic now. Progress leaps faster that I can immagine (I did NOT know they mapped human genome. That, I have to say, is a much higher of a leap then measly AI). How do you nkow that, when you wake up tomorow, or the day after, this debate will not be actual ?
Because some of us have vague awareness of the current state of AI research, and I can pretty much promise you that we arent going to have self-aware robots any time soon. It's possible that there will be a huge overnight jump in our understanding, but it seems fairly unlikely given the large number of problems that this would necessitate being solved almost simultaneously.

Note that the completion of the human genome project was the result of an incremental project that had been going on for many years, rather than something which happened overnight.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote