View Single Post
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 09:13   #115
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Denial HCs Round 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Dont look at me its himself who saw it fit to come on here attacking me for no reason. But he seems to hate me ever since that moment so i dont mind. I see it as an honour to have my own personal stalker
Essentially, I wasn't even quoting you to begin with, though.

I simply quoted Mystic in an act to refer to another case where the support team et cetera had arguably claimed that an act that was later deemed violating the EULA is okay. Hence, support team claiming something's "okay" to do when it's actually - strictly interpreted - against the rules (thus resulting in action to more specifically deny it in the future) isn't really new.

Then UltimateNewbie started arguing that there is no bias in these situations, hence I came to elaborate him an example of multihunter bias (where Veedeejem! seemed to agree).

You're simply the best example of multihunter bias, and a lot of people will support this claim.

Planetarion rules-making is often bound, like a dog to it's leash, to people's consistent attempts to go around the rules. Using external programs to log, modify, or bending the in-built limits to their limits (here, VNC, out-of-tag support planets, "semi-active retired players in tag for resources" while real players are out of tag, obviously coordinating into tag and vice versa, and so on). It's simply, even for the support team, hard to keep track on the real events. Usually, you really shouldn't be asking whether something's allowed or not from the support team, nor any regular multihunter. The only person you should direct your rules questions to, would be the chief multihunter of the given time, and even so you should make sure you log up things he says. Given all this, things may still be subject to change in regards to the multihunter's personal preferences and how he feels towards given factions.

If this wasn't specifically "forbidden" for this round, you could interpret it as an attempt to bend the rules. Much like VNC was, until it was officially listed as illegit. "Support planets" were to an extent like this - a midround change was once issued by a multihunter to forbid this activity (eg. to go around the given alliance planet limits by having cooperating planets outside tag). This rule was largely enforced according to personal preferences.

The bottom line is, forum moderator bias is largely inrelevant. (While it can happen too). Support team bias (a HC granting his own alliance the "right" to do something) can result in large issues. Same is true for multihunter bias. It's very obvious that people strongly affiliated to certain factions will be biased, more or less. Even if on the level of being more keen to listen to their former or future friends' explanations than their former or future enemies'.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 24 Jun 2008 at 09:24.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote