View Single Post
Unread 28 Mar 2003, 15:37   #36
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Something for for VOM to think about.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester
That's not true. If NAR and WEET hadn't had some sort of agreement, there would've been a different agreement. Or even lacking an agreement, there still would've been one major target.

Consider the situation:

You have three blocks. A, B, and C. They are reasonably alike in power, but A is generally considered more dangerous than B, which in turn is considered more powerful than C. If C is to achieve anything, it must attack either B or A, which naturally, are already ready to attack eachother. If C chooses not to attack, it is doomed to life in obscurity. Options: C chooses to work with B, together they are more powerful than A and over the course of a hard fought, but swift war, A is defeated. C chooses to work with A, the result is the same as for working with B. C chooses to go alone, hitting both A and B, A and B both get pissed off and stomp all over C.

It's quite easy to input VVOMM as the losing party in any of these three hypothetical situations. And it's easy to swap them out for different ones. If you have any doubts about the last one, have a look at nos in late round 4 and early round 5, or Ęternals in round 3.

Jester
Wrong.
You forget a) gal setup b)that the blocks were quite equal, with perhaps VVOOMM beeing the smallest. c) as in r3/r4/r5, there is basicly nothing left to ally with for VVOMM, due to NAR+WEET beeing more than 50% of the active universe (exlude the farms, bot-planets, scanners, inactives, those who already more or less have quit).
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote