View Single Post
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 19:44   #1
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Predicting the future of international politics: China

This thread has been influenced by the news China has blow up one of its satellites by sending a ballistic missile into space and this article.

At the moment most international events relate directly to America's ambitions. But as Will Hutton pointed out China spend more on their military than the UK, France and Germany combined, so surely one day we'll all be riding (or resisting) Chinese foreign policy? It's not like they will be a benign superpower (if there is such a thing). During Mao's reign, when they were still an undeveloped nation, they invaded Tibet and then went for India - where they found they could go no further.

I probably agree with Hutton. I think they will invade Taiwan, which is hugely worrying for the West. It's not like Taiwan is a undeveloped nation with a small military like Tibet. Taiwan is the equivalent of a small European country, militarily and economically. And then there's Japan whom they've always been aggressive towards, the fact their education system seems even extremely insular (my friends went to Eastern China once where the Chinese wanted to touch them so they could touch a "white devil"), the fact they probably resent the fact Britain took their capital city from them...

As China slowly grows and overtakes the US what do you think will happen? How will the world look?
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote