Thread: War Crimes.
View Single Post
Unread 7 Apr 2003, 12:34   #50
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
Taliban is a fundamentalistic organisation run by Al Queda operatives ... There are several 'warlords' who occupy regions of the country ... Ask the North Alliance if the US takedown of Taliban was welcome.
1. So, the Taleban is a fundamentalist religion-based political party? So what? The Taleban was/is not inherently terrorist, it was merely associated with Al Queda. But then, huge chunks of the US are directly funding the IRA. The Taleban was actually fairly representative of a lot of Afghans - i.e. it was the legitimate Afghan government.

2. I suppose you could liken these to "Cantons", such as those found in Switzerland? (Reaching, I admit) but Afghanistan was made up of disparate groups, broadly combining centrally as a unified (if fractuous) Afghanistan. So what?

3. The Northern Alliance is made up of some of the above warlords. They distanced themselves from the central Taleban, and sided with the invaders in order to advance their own interests. So what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
Did you know that:

1 - the largest export of heroin comes from Afghanistan?
2 - the second largest is former Jugoslavia?
3 - Al Queda funds its operation through Narcotics?
4 - after US bombed Afghanistan the prices of Heroin went ballistic in Europe?
1&2 - Source? Afaik, Afghanistan is one of the largest, Yugoslavia (as it was) was merely a distribution center, akin to Morroco for example.

3 - As does the IRA. Let's bomb New York and Belfast!

4 - After the US bombed Iraq, the prices of Oil went ballastic in Europe.

So what?

In what way do your "reasons" justify holding human beings in cages that they can't stand up in, in the OUTDOORS, chained up, blindfolded and gagged?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote