Thread: War Crimes.
View Single Post
Unread 6 Apr 2003, 20:25   #14
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
on what basis are the taliban-prisoners in cuba declared 'hostile fighters'?
I believe their classification is "unlawful combatants," and in the case of the taliban prisoners, it's on the basis that they were not organized as an army and did not wear uniforms or insignia.
Quote:
Originally posted by ggGGgg
Someone posted (on another forum) that the US has not declared war upon Iraq. I don't know if it's correct, but it could backfire the term 'illegal combatant'.
The geneva conventions are not dependent upon a formal declaration of war.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bunga
True. But shooting someone with a rifle will only kill him; daisy cutter kill people a bit quicker, and its far more likely civilans will die from one of those.
I think that would depend entirely upon where you used the weapons. A rifle used in a crowded city is probably more likely to kill civilians than a "daisy cutter" used in a remote area where only soldiers are present.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote