View Single Post
Unread 25 Jan 2008, 11:27   #238
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The GD Music Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Seconding James Holden - he's pretty ace.

Got The National's latest album Boxer for Christmas. It's splendidly sad and moody and thoughtful, all spilt coffee and rain and lamplit streets. The singer's voice is a fabulously rich, abrasive baritone. Sounds like Richard Hawley singing for Elbow - always melodic, but textured, quite poetic and sometimes surprising - something like that, but distinctly American as well.

You get the drift: I rather like it.
i've been listening to boxer a lot over this past week and it really is actually quite wonderfully subtle. the voice is indeed superbly used, pieced together by one of the best drummers i've heard in the past couple of years. (it is incredibly hard to make drums as soulful sounding as it is on this record)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote