View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2007, 08:28   #223
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: The GD Music Archive

I'll just add my contribution here too.

Progressive/Psychedelic Rock (I guess you can call it alternative)

Kingston Wall - I (II, and Trilogy, all the three albums)

A relatively unknown band that reached a cult reputation in Finland in the 90s. Easy-going rock with influences from Indian music and the psychedelic scheme. Goes more towards psychedelic per album, and the last one gets a little messy. If you're a fan of alternative rock, long guitar riffs, and a hippy rock schene, this is an absolute must. You'll probably find bits on Youtube for checking out.

Trance

Orkidea - A Place Called Happiness

A more ambient mix record from a Finnish Dj. Twin of the Music Speaks A Thousand Languages, a little faster and more progressive, with a melodic focus. Worth checking out if you like slower electronic beats, pay special attention to the Orkidea & Marc Mitchell pieces (Mitchell's mix of Beautiful, and Orkidea's mix of Eternal Love).

Goa/Psychedelic Trance

Astral Projection - Trust in Trance 3

The third album from the less famous (compared to Infected Mushroom) and a little older Israeli psych trance pioneers Astral Projection. Easy-going, smooth pieces. My current repeat mode album that's been going for a week now on the train trips to work. Still hits in, another worth a try if you're in to trance/electronic. The finishing track Still Dreaming is absolutely awesome.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote