Thread: ID Theft/Fraud
View Single Post
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 17:52   #19
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: ID Theft/Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Spit
I also recommend banking with Nationwide. I have had my debit card cloned twice in about 2.5 years and on both occasions they called me within hours of the dodgy transactions to ask if It was me and refunded me in full when I said it wasnt- the little buggers took £600 and £800 respectively from my account!
My family are just about all with Barclays.
My dad didn't use one of his (apparently many ) cards for a while, then was on holiday in istanbul and tried to use it and it got refused. Embarassing for him, but nice to know.

When paying my tuition fees this year, I used an old cheque book - I seem to have about 3 on the go, and the last time I used this one was for tuition fees last year.
They phoned me up to check that the cheque was legit (they did the same to my brother, I think).
So yes, most banks do it.

I did hear of a problem with someone who went to france and had her card cloned, and then they took the card down the west coast of france and into spain, all with transactions of £20-30. As it looked legit, it was only when she got her statement she realised what had happened.
Clever thieves still win.