Thread: ID Theft/Fraud
View Single Post
Unread 16 Feb 2006, 16:25   #18
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: ID Theft/Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Spit
I recommend an Egg card. I made a purchase before xmas for £240 for an Ipod nano and portable DVD player in Tesco. Egg called me a few days later asking me if I had made the transaction, once confimed it goes on your statement as a valid purchase.

I was quite impressed with this service, it would have helped me if the transaction was fraudulent since I dont check my statement from one month to the next!

I also recommend banking with Nationwide. I have had my debit card cloned twice in about 2.5 years and on both occasions they called me within hours of the dodgy transactions to ask if It was me and refunded me in full when I said it wasnt- the little buggers took £600 and £800 respectively from my account!
Every bank does this though.

Your bank won't notice that you've taken out a contract/finance service until you start receiving letters saying that you've signed up to this & that. Even then there's a long way to sort out the mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
yes, poor scmucks like you and me are paying for the idiots who don't keep their cards in secure places.
O-k. You can have your cards stolen/cloned you know...
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote