View Single Post
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 09:19   #31
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Jenova: As its over, how many planets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin
The nicklist was enough to point to the fact that it was happening, and it could also be used to narrow down the search by connecting nicknames (at least some used their nick ingame as well). When the MH team recieved the evidence, they shouldn't have closed people directly based on it, but they should've checked peoples' launch history and act accordingly.
Indeed, that should have been the first step in the process.

Quote:
Surely for someone who invests enough effort into checking where every scan some scanner made went, and who was it for, tracking these plantes would be close to no effort at all.
Chances are the scan thing is the result of an automated tool. Similarly the analysis tool i coded back in r12-13 is capable of detecting these fleet correlations between the planets once all the data is entered.

Quote:
Am I detecting signals of you trying to stand behind the MH team on this, despite the fact that for the first time ever breach of your beloved support rule is clearly displayed, and they did nothing?
No, you're not.

Quote:
And oh the irony, in an alliance HCd by the author of the support planet rule himself.
Its not ironic, its tragic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
And I think that using external evidence when the hc of the alliance in question also acknowledges it for a fact that it is from their system is perfectly fine.
I disagree. It can be used to focus an investigation but not be something upon which to base a closure on. For starters, external evidence is unreliable for its accuracy. it can be manipulated by anyone prior to the multihunters seeing it. Internal evidence - cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
What does it say about a member of said alliance that he willingly accepts that his hc and his fellow members are doing organized cheating though..
Either that they, and a large proportion of the players currently in the game - lack a strong moral fibre, or they are completely unaware and too trusting of what people say

Last edited by lokken; 13 Aug 2007 at 22:50.
Phil^ is offline   Reply With Quote