View Single Post
Unread 21 Oct 2007, 14:25   #9
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Cov Ops, the sanctum of senselessness!

Cov ops is a tough subject to tackle with any degree of sanity.

When it was added as a feature of the game the intention was for it to be another weapon in the arsenal of your bog standard average Jo. It was not intended to be taken to the extreme that some players have taken it.

But neither was scanning, and that is tolerated. At least you can make yourself immune to cov oppers though, 20 odd security centres is not to steep a price to pay.

However, i'd love to see a staristic as to how many planets that ...'are almost support planets'... are actually paid account. If the actions of free accounts are effecting and influencing a paid planets round, then the logistics are wrong.

Maybe a good middle ground would be to to introduce a set of restrictions that can force ppl to use amps and cov op actions in the way they were intended to be used.

-----

For example

At the start of the round every planet is 'given' 20 covert operation actions for the duration of the round.

Every planet is limited to being able to build 50 amps max. And 51 distorters max.

-----

These would be artificial limitations. If a planet wants to exceed these limitations they should have to pay for it. You could call it a permium account. Costs could be £15 to upgrade to a premium account. You can then build however many dists or amps you want to, and have unlimited cover operation actions.

Disclaimer - I made that up on the fly. I do not claim the numbers submitted are infallable so dont be a whoppa and flame. If you like the 'intention of the idea' or not offer constructive replies only plz.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote