View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 08:13   #54
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all
Re: Alliance Size for next round

I for one would love a round where the alliance limits are 30-40. It's never been tried, we've raised it and gone back down to what PA team think is their limit, but why not give it a go?

HC'ing/Dc'ing in a 30 man alliance is easy, you can keep a decent track on all of the members and you won't have that much random incoming as you simply have so few planets that it's not worth it. It would make for some great politics with 10 alliances of the size limit. Why can't we try it once?

I do understand that you want to keep "communities" together and think it would lead to them disbanding, but frankly i'd quite like it if there was a NewDawn 1 & NewDawn 2 in ally rankings who you KNEW would be allied throughout the round, it would create teams and such, whilst being at a limit of 30 per alliance would not flat out ruin the round for everyone else like the NFI/ND NAP this round. And also frankly what communities are their left now? The winning alliance formed this round, Ascendancy start most rounds with a lower member count and recruit throughout the round, CT have shown many times that they're willing to play with below 50 members.. It just seems to me like you're trying to cater to something that isn't there that much anymore.