Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2009, 19:07   #41
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I don't think an immigration policy aimed against preventing mass murderers or war criminals entering your country is racist. Just policies based on "race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin".
I disagree. The BNP's policy is to stop anyone becoming a british citizen that isn't already one. So that's not based on race or colour. As for the others - the BNP is being elitist perhaps with regards to nationality and ethnic origin - i.e. extremely pro-british, and anti-everything else. I don't see how you can be racist without actually being racist at something. Unless "the rest of the world" counts.

Quote:
What do you think the problems are that are caused by racism?
I'm sure that question is worthy of a phd thesis - someone sponsor me and I'll consider answering it thoroughly

edit: Its a bit sad that you chose this BNP policy as an example of racism (when many will say it is not) .. when there are plenty of others for you to choose from that are more borderline - eg, not allowing non-whites into their party (ok, not exactly a policy as such). But then there are all-black associations out there that aren't racist? :/
newt is offline   Reply With Quote