Thread: Ze Art
View Single Post
Unread 24 Aug 2007, 00:52   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ze Art

I can't imagine a situation where a distinction between art and non-art would make any real practical sense. Trying to elevate one set of cultural artefacts above another (on non-subjective grounds) is a familiar project but unless you're going to refer to something like "historical importance" it all seems to be in vain.

I don't think there is a legitimate definition of art (as distinct from a bunch of other stuff) but I'd say that if I do have a criteria it's the same criteria as I'd attempt to use for selecting cultural products to go into an about-to-be-launched unmanned space timecapsule in "humanity-about-to-be-wiped out" scenario. (Assuming physical copies only, no electronic copies of texts/music/etc). Therefore, to be glib, it is those items which best demonstrate and express the many facets of humanity. Of course, such criteria obviously cannot help but be subjective (although not as limited as 'stuff I like').
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote