View Single Post
Unread 21 Jan 2007, 20:30   #35
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Social Greetings

That's not what I mean by Alpha Male.

I mean the person who:
-Will generally lead conversations.
-Will often organise the social event.
-If they tell an anecdote or story, everyone will be quiet and listen.
-Is often one of the first people invited to events.

I don't mean "alpha male" in terms of success in life or looks or whatever. I mean they socially dominate.

A small example. I was out at my sister's 18th birthday a couple of weekends ago. I didn't know any of her friends (she doesn't bring them round to the house because we have a rather boisterous Airedale who enjoys bouncing at people...). So she invited myself and 2 of my friends to a bar she'd hired out for the occasion.

We spent 20 minutes or so sitting at a table in a corner, chatting between ourselves. Eventually we got a bit bored of this, and realised we could do this in better bars elsewhere. Where we wouldn't be the "weird old guys sitting in the corner". We were at a party and we should behave like it.

Yet my friends refused to go and talk to anyone there, male or female. I was the one told/nominated to. Sure, it may have been because I was the brother. But it wasn't the first time I've had to lead social proceedings. It was up to me to go up to a group of her friends, introduce myself and my friends, and sit with them.

Being "alpha male" isn't necessarily a good thing though. I expect some people find them quite annoying and brash.