View Single Post
Unread 29 Mar 2006, 14:45   #48
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Im really sorry, i promise not to do it again. Im not really a scumbag chavette ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Hey getting a bit angry there Rids. She's just a kid and kids are stupid. I did stupid things when I was young, I am sure we all did. I'm not sure what custody will do to make things better.

In terms of throwing stuff in the court room I like her attitude, why should be she happy about receiving a custodial sentence after her parents grassed her up?
I did a lot of stupid things when I was a kid, drink driving, underage driving, and taking without consent were not on my list of stupid things though.

The girl is not going to change, a custodial sentence is going to do her any good, I cant see her suddenly reforming her ways after spending a few months in juvy. Hell, everybody I know that ever went to juvy came out a hell of a lot worse than when they went in.

But what is the solution then? I've known a lot of people that have been to prison, a lot of people, most of them are back up to the same old stuff they were doing before they were nicked, some of them are into worse things, only one person has actually reformed and I suspect that is as much down to the birth of his baby boy as it was being inside.

Personally, smacking some sense into the girl might be a step in the right direction, maybe it wont, but I think its becoming pretty clear that the prison system isnt really an effective deterant these days.

(Bare in mind, I'm not as well educated as the majority of people on this forum, and havent really done any research into the % of people that go on to reoffend etc, I'm just basing this on my experience, so if I'm talking shit, feel free to point it out)