View Single Post
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 21:50   #50
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I personally think I have done the right thing up til now. I will try to explain myself further than I have done even if it's only for my benefit:

My main concern when creating this thread was that by giving the game away they would have got rid of me seeing as the department was overstaffed and they needed to get rid of 1 person anyway. What changed though was that soon after this thread died it became abundantly clear that 1 of the people in my department was less than useless (Mr Dopey, for those of you keeping track) and he was got rid of a couple of weeks ago. So after he left the danger to me was greatly reduced seeing as getting rid of me at this point now means hiring (and training) a suitable replacement.

I also want to keep a good relationship with my current boss. Telling him before I need to means that he is more likely to remember me favourably. Best case scenario he offers me a job when I come back (he's already said that if he is still at the company when I come back he will try to make sure there is a job for me), failing that at least I can get a reference out of him.

I am also good mates with a number of people at my company and it's become increasingly difficult to keep this a secret from them. Not only that but the two guys in my department were talking about booking holidays in August, further piling on the pressure.

I have also been getting hot and heavy with a girl at my company and I felt I had to tell her before things get too serious. The only downside is that telling her would have meant that the whole company would have known about it within days (I actually told her last to make sure that people heard it from me first).

So the reduced risk of me being sacked as well as the professional / semi personal reasons I had for spilling the beans means that in my mind at least I have done the right thing. I can live with the worst case scenario of what happens next (even though it won't happen) and if anything I feel I have the moral high ground now and ultimately isn't that the most important thing?
I never intended to attack you at all. And I apologise without reservation if it ever seemed from my posts that I did so. I am sorry.

You seem to be a very nice guy (i gather 'guy' is the modern term, i would rather call you a 'nice chap').

Because you are nice I think you have been caught up too much in trying to make the world as good as you are. My fear is that it won't live up to those expectations.

I am happy that whatever the outcome in practical terms of these events that you will not suffer in any real way.

All I would ask is that you indulge me, an old and no doubt useless buffer, and take some of my paranoia with you. May it protect you in the future when more may be at stake.

You knew the 'right' thing to do all along, although you felt unease with it. Let go of that unease for next time.