View Single Post
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 20:29   #46
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Not yet. The issue is that they want me to hand my resignation in now stating that my last day will be the 1st of August (or possibly the 5th of August, I haven't decided yet). My contract states that I have to give 1 month's notice so they are asking me to give them more notice (in writing) than I am supposed to.
Your contract will also state that they only have to give you one months notice period.

A letter from you stating your last day is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

They appear to be asking you to resign, which of course they can not do, unless of course they have grounds to sack you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
On what grounds could they sack me now? You can't just sack someone because you want to sack them before they decide to quit.
... I do not know what you have said to them, I however (unlike you) am conscious that there are legitimate reasons to sack people in this scenario.

You seem to be labouring under the illusion that you can never be sacked. Allow me to assure you that such an illusion is suicidal.

You may not be sacked.

But my question is why on earth have you put yourself in this situation in the first place?

Please see below for reference on how you should have done this:

Man A wishes to leave present job for year long holiday. Holiday is booked to start 7th August. Man A has contractual notice period of 1 month. Therefore Man A resigns (orally or by letter) on July 6th (to allow time to pack)