View Single Post
Unread 12 Jun 2008, 19:17   #44
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Speaking of departure, I've now booked my ticket and I shall be going off on my year long holiday on the 7th of August. I haven't decided for sure yet but my final day at work will probably be the 1st of August. I told my boss this two week's ago, so I have given him more notice than I legally needed to.

The company's now playing silly buggers though. They want me to hand my notice in now, even though I don't legally need to for another 3 weeks. The reason they are giving is because in order to find a replacement for me they need to have it in writing that I'm leaving.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

You use the word 'legally' in an utterly incomprehensible way.

Have you resigned?

IF you haven't then your notice period hasn't started ticking down.
IF you have then your notice period will time out whenever the contract says it will time out and you will not be employed any more from that date (hence you will not be entitled to be paid)

Telling someone "I have a holiday booked" is not resigning.

IF the company is asking you to resign now because they suspect you are leaving then be very careful that they don't sack you.

I can not for the life of me understand why you would tell an employer that you are going to be leaving some time in the future.

Either resign or don't.