View Single Post
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 22:06   #18
r2baz

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I'm going to be travelling for a year by the way.
(i'm so jealous - let us know your plans! hehe)

A lot could happen in a year. You may not want to go back and may try a change of career instead.

In a years time "all might be forgiven". There may be another boss by then?

From what you have said some of your priorities may be irreconcilable as you really don't seem confident that they will take your news well.

Another option would be to tell your current employer and if things go bad walk straight out of that office into a temping agency and say "I'll do anything for the next X months, i don't care i need the money". I have said that and i did a quick "keyboard test" and started temping within days. It was data entry but still it was money and it's not like you will be making a long term career out of it anyway.

That way you have solved your money (although maybe slightly less) and solved your ethical dilema by giving them months of notice.

On a last note, bosses sometimes make threats like this "I have to sack somebody" nonsense just to keep the troops in line I hope it is 100% that somebody will go....
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote