View Single Post
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 21:35   #16
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
What exactly are your priorities here?
1) Get a good reference?
2) Get the possibility of getting the job back when you get home? (for how long will you travel?)
3) Something else?
My primary objective is to not get sacked so that I have as much money as possible by the time I quit.
My secondary objective is to get a good reference.
My tertiary objective is to have a job lined up for me (in this company) for when I get back.

Way I see it the best way to complete my primary objective is to act as if everything is normal and then slap them with my special move (Super Upper Cut Resignation Letter Of Destruction) in three months time, by which time one of the newbies will have been sacked. Not that I care about them as such but it will probably piss my boss off as he will then have to go through the process of hiring someone new to replace me.

However taking this route will make my secondary and tertiary objectives harder to achieve, possibly impossible to achieve. Although I admit that the chances of achieving my tertiary objective are incredibly slim no matter which way I play it.

I'm going to be travelling for a year by the way.

I'm still not sure what to do. At the moment I'm leaning towards telling my boss but I'm still not sure if that's the best course of action. What I think I'll do is leave it til the end of this month then try to gauge it from there. I still have some time before he has to sack someone.