View Single Post
Unread 2 Apr 2008, 15:01   #11
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Work place dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2baz
Maybe somebody better qualified than me could chip in here but i am not sure as to what actual information employers are asked for or (allowed to?) put in a reference. My employers basically asks for confirmation of dates of employment and sickness record. I don't think they are allowed to put stuff like "he dropped me right in the **** that one!" If you apply for another job you could always be up front and say look my old employer is unlikely to give me a good reference because X, Y, Z.back :/
Employers can not say anything negative about you officially in an reference but something worded right or an outright refusal can be as bad as a negative reference.

On the issue, I would say tell your boss. I have done a fair bit of temping in my time and in pretty much all the longer term placements something like this has cropped up in the department. When people haven't told their superiors of their plans its become pretty bitter when it comes out and its potentially where you burn your bridges with the company for good. Those that have given warning to their superiors have actually found they become even more important to the company and I would say it pretty much guarantees you that your jobs safe (and your fellow workers jobs too, if ofc their work is good enough). The reason it makes you more important is you are removing the companies safety net, no matter how inexperienced the rest of the staff are theres little worry to push them on while your there, if they know your leaving they know they have 4 months to ensure you have passed on all your experiance and the others are ready to step up when you leave. It will also increase the liklyhood you will leave on good terms
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote