View Single Post
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 16:43   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hate something, change something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
But why do it at all? Why not just close the browser window and never give the post another thought?
I've touched on this topic before (here and here) but essentially because in a social setting like this one you can't always easily ignore someone without leaving that setting. (So you're basically right).

For instance, if we cast our minds back to when Sunday8pm was on these forums. It would be very easy to ignore his posts directly, but then what about the people who reply to him? Sure, I could ignore their posts too, but then sometimes debate becomes difficult (if not impossible) to follow. You might have to end up ignoring every thread that he posted in, which eventually could result in having to leave the forum. I believe some people have taken that action and gone to PB for that sort of reason (I don't mean because of Sunday obviously).

But that seems a grossly disproportional response. Why should I leave a forum where I have enjoyed posting for 5+ years, and where I like a good 95% of the regulars? It's not like ignoring Heat magazine (which is 100% dross) it's more like ignoring all your friends because one of them started being a bit shit. You could do that, but it also seems reasonable to say to that person "Hey man, you're being shit, plz stop". Of course, more generally I wouldn't boter doing this, I would just avoid social situations when that person is involved. But a forum is a little different.

(Here I'm talking generally - not defending any particular rep I or anyone else gave to whomever and not talking about anyone in particular except where named.)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote