Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 15:08   #194
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow View Post
. It doesn't make sense and to have "pride" in an accident of birth is ridiculous.
That's your opinion. Some people think we could just as likely have been born as random animals. Does that mean you shouldn't have "pride" in being a human being? So you should go out with the monkeys in the zoo and start tossing shit about.

Or maybe you think people that believe stuff like that are ****ing idiots. Well, thats what I think of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J
Usually people don't quote posts just to say "I agree with this". Regardless I'm fairly comfortable with using a widely accepted international definition.
Taking their definitions exactly as you have, I could put forward arguments why every single policy in this country is racist (not just immigration, every single one - or perhaps just most of them).

Reading the definition of quantum mechanics in a dictionary doesn't mean you've read up and mastered quantum mechanics.

edit: Going further with this, QM (the laws which govern the universe) says that there's a finite probability you're actually sat on the moon right at this very moment. The laws behind that are vital to explain how, for example, computers work. Someone reading the dictionary might start going round yelling "I AM ON THE MOON RIGHT NOW!!!" - a valid thing to say from just reading the main results of quantum mechanics somewhere. Its completely wrong though. Similarly, 'racism' is quite complex, and isn't a black and white word (pun intended) - there is a lot of grey area.

Last edited by newt; 10 Jun 2009 at 15:15.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote