Thread: The BNP
View Single Post
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 12:38   #181
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice
Re: The BNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I don't know what you mean here. You used fallacious reasoning (1), I pointed it out (2). We're not "getting" anywhere because of (1). Don't do it in future?
I'm just saying, instinct is instinct, it can't be avoided. The will to survive is greater than any other. You're saying my argument is a fallacy because I cannot presume that because our instincts are natural they are good. I'm not necessarily saying they're good, I'm just stating the cold hard facts, if someone invaded your home at night and threatened your life you'd defend yourself before taking into account any ethical or moral implications.

The original statement I made wasn't even aimed at you. IIRC it was towards All Systems Go, who believes that war is wrong and we shouldn't have armies. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moralistic_fallacy)

Quote:
I find it pretty scary the message you managed to get from V for Vendetta was "strong governments are awesome".
I'm not "getting" anything, if it was subliminal I wouldn't consciously know I've picked up on it. My only point was the film depicts a weakened, democracy - America and a strong, dictatorial UK. The film is essentially about freedom, at the end it leaves you thinking "Sure, now they're free but are they actually better off?"- in fact I'm going to leave it there because I could discuss this film all day and I really don't have the time.

Quote:
What on earth do you mean by "work"? Nazi Germany was a shithole that nobody sane would want to live in unless you planned on being a member of the Nazi party.
Newt covered this.

Quote:
I was just pointing it out actually, no ulterior motives!
I apologise.