View Single Post
Unread 23 Jan 2007, 12:34   #13
The_Tyrant
Giddy little...

The_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to allThe_Tyrant is a name known to all
Re: Free Parties and Raves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
i will guess that the police didnt get intel in time for the 1st free party .. so could not stop it ( police numbers v's partygoers being not enough by the time they got there).
Thats how it worked when i wasnt too old to go to stuff like that.

They were fun back in my day, havent been to one for many years so cannot comment how they go down today.
I agree with this. The police were actually at the venue before the "party lines" updated with directions.

No idea how that could happen, however friends of mine who were waiting at the "gasworks" new about the location through rumours well before the party lines did.

I guess this was the issue with this party, too many police and too few people in the venue. It is a real shame because the event itself sounds like it would have been superb. 6 rooms including a cinema and BBQ! There were even plans for a Mario Kart tournament!!

Previous to my first experience I was convinced this type of thing would be packed with "rude boy scallies" and "D+B heads", it really wasn't, there was a great atmosphere and the people would be best described as "punks" – perhaps not ideal for everybody but I’m not a punk and was treated really well.

Anyway, I'd really recommend getting involved in something like this, its generally pretty much a monthly event that you will enjoy, and its pretty much free – so long as the police don’t turn up with clubs and dogs.

Mark - I didn't see any smoke, never mind smoke grenades.

Ste - but where could we hold such an event? Any of the Manc's want telling about the next free party, give me a shout.

Last edited by The_Tyrant; 23 Jan 2007 at 13:18.
The_Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote