View Single Post
Unread 22 Jan 2007, 17:40   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Re: Free Parties and Raves

Maybe there were trying to target specific drugs traffickers in the area?

They were probably not concerned with the actual rave, more the effect it has on the surrounding area.

Raves and drugs go hand in hand so I wouldn't have been surprised if a number of plain clothes officers were amongst you all trying to ID dealers. I'd be willing to bet the police were just about to make sure it didn't "overspill" outside of the warehouse getting out of hand and to drugs target.

I've been to one rave when I was using various "substances" and it was basically like a supermarket for drugs. It got broken up about 1-2 am if I recall correctly and several dealers I'd used were arrested and put away.

With that many people in attendance the police usually get some sort of tip off about these things so I expect they make themselves seen as a deterant to try a "prevention is better than cure" philosophy with respect to trouble makers and the like.

They are good fun and I do know a couple of people who attend them on a more regular basis than my one time and say they have a blast.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote