View Single Post
Unread 1 Feb 2006, 21:24   #38
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: P2P downhill in UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Argue all you like about the morality of copyright violation, but to call it theft is inaccurate, and introduces an emotive term.
Yes indeed I am using it emotively. I'm appealing to emotions. I would say that murder is a theft of someone's life, imprisonment is the theft of someones freedom, humiliation (such as at Ahu Graib) is a theft of someones dignity, file sharing is a theft of value. I'm not equating murder and file sharing, I'm explaining my use of the word 'theft.'

I do care that so many of you file share, but what bothers me most about it is your convenient (and false) apology so readily provided in the face of someone, acurately, pointing out your moral blunder. Just admit what you're doing is wrong. You're taking something you ought to pay for in order to enjoy it for free. I imagine if there were no one guarding a store and no security equipment the lot of you would walk in and take whatever it is you want. You take because there are no consequences for taking. I don't take because I'm guided by moral principles. I believe those of you who fileshare are not only morally inferior, but also either self-delusioned or outright deceitful because of your unwillingness to admit the wrongness of your actions.