View Single Post
Unread 1 Jan 2009, 22:32   #15
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: What exactly is the "support planet rule?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
No, there's a limit on how many planets can be in a tag. People have said some things about you only really being in the alliance if you're in the tag, I think sid said this pre-r17 and I know jester said it to me recently. It's quite easy to be an integral part of an alliance without being in the tag though. With external tools it'd be possible to dc/bc without having a planet intag. It's obviously possible to be responsible for tech for your alliance. All that not having a planet intag means is that you don't have a planet intag.
I consider it this way: Football teams have 11 players on the team, that doesn't mean that there aren't other people that are very important to the club's success or failure. However, just because a person is important to the team doesn't make them part of it. A team of football players may win a game, the club physios may not. They may identify with the club, and do important things, but they aren't players. They're more akin to supporters who urge the team on and form a communal identity with the club.

(Anyone that tries to apply the football metaphor to justify the alliance member limit can FOAD, the support planet rule is akin to saying 'only 10 of the 11 players can actually contribute to the game, if the 11th player tries to help, he's sent off.')
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote