View Single Post
Unread 3 Oct 2016, 11:13   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Alternate shipstats

I did run the calcs. Here's the outcomes, with fleets on the left hitting fleets on the right:

Code:
v Roids > ? Ter De      Ter Bs      Cat Co      Cat Bs      Xan Fi      Xan Fr      Zik Fr      Zik Cr      Etd De      Etd Cr
Ter De      Immune      Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Immune      Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable
Ter Bs      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable  Immune      Immune      Vulnerable  Immune
Cat Co      Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable
Cat Bs      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable
Xan Fi      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable
Xan Fr      Immune      Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable
Zik Fr      Immune      Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable
Zik Cr      Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable
Etd De      Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Immune      Immune      Immune      Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable
Etd Cr      Vulnerable  Immune      Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable  Vulnerable
ie, Ter De cannot roid Ter Bs, but can roid Cat Bs. Attackers in my calcs hit downwards, at planets with 70% of their own value.

Fi: I don't think Phoenix is the ship to improve, to be honest. With Ter already fairly strong, I'd be more inclined to improve other races' anti-Fi. I'm looking at Vindicator, and maybe Thief.

De: The fortiness of De had crossed my mind at some point, but I'd forgotten it by the time I wrote my post. You're right, I think Ter De is fine, and Ranger is already pretty efficient, even against notorious anti-EMP fleets like Ter Bs. However, Co and Fr are in a good spot right now, neither too weak nor too strong. Improving Etd De by making it stronger against those Co and/or Fr doesn't solve the problem, just moves it. Not really sure what to do.

Cr/Bs: Bomber doesn't exist, I assume you mean Spectre? Both Xan fleets build it, so there'll be quite a bit of it around. I think part of the problem with Ter Bs is mostly in its defensive strength, as they naturally tend towards building the forty De ships for defense. I figure the strength of Ter Bs is closely tied to the weakness of Cr. And since both those fleets use good init against De and bad init against Bs, teamups can't save Cr. This is perhaps the only place where I'd be inclined to change inits, allowing the Zik fleet to do well against Bs (using a good init kill ship, ensuring they don't steal into Bs) and Etd against De (using their EMP ship).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 3 Oct 2016 at 11:20.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote