View Single Post
Unread 12 Sep 2011, 09:25   #40
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Enslavement - On the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I'm going to get into how this is done via bankrupting a country.
Case Greece? It's done via having the population spend vastly more resources than they have on a consistent basis, and winding up in a situation where nobody believes they'll be able to repay the resources they've spent (see: Squanderville and Thriftville). I don't really see the link to Fed here, but I do see a strong link to overshooting optimism on one's current and future status (a bit of a Nassim Taleb -way of thinking). Historically speaking, this has happened with and without the invention of central banking, even the Romans managed to debase their currency. Their problem was similar to US's in the esque that they could not effectively expand to profit anymore (see: Stephen King and the talk about the end of imperialism and colonialism).
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote