Thread: IT Contracting
View Single Post
Unread 23 Oct 2006, 18:37   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: IT Contracting

Here consultants get paid £500 per half-day to do the job I do.

Obviously there's disadvantages - primarily you have no guarantee of income. I have thought of doing something similar but I would only do so if I had 6-12 months money to live off (presuming zero income in the meantime) and a reasonable client list to work from.

Remember that once you get work you're not necessarily going to get any money from them until some point into the work and even then you might have to chase their payments payable department every day of your life until they pay (it might help if you have someone to do it). Also remember that while you might be a shit hot techie / programmer / whatever, you might not necessarily be a very good sales person or money manager.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote