View Single Post
Unread 3 Mar 2010, 17:33   #55
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Round 36 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
priv gals should level the playing field when it comes to creating fortress gals. It is now as easy for F-crew/ass to make a fortress gal as it is for app/asc.

What it does do is make fence gals much easier, you can make sure you have someone from all the top alliances really easily.

I also wish people would stop saying a fortress is a fence, it is not, different concepts even if they do have a similar effect.
The thing is, if every alliance sticks all its members into fortress galaxys instead of fence/friend galaxys, then it would make for some strange politics.

I'll say Subh decides to hit a fat DLR galaxy one night, then the next night Subh hits another fat DLR galaxy.. DLR are going to get pretty annoyed and think that Subh is actively targetting them. Also if two/three alliances hit two/three DLR galaxys one night (randomly as they're fat), thats almost 50+% of DLR (if they're 40ish members strong) under attack.

You've also now got the case for, which galaxys will alliances target when they inevitably want a night of 'easy roids'? A F-Crew/Ass fortress galaxy will likely be there first choice (if we presume random galaxys wont have roids).

I think a large portion of active alliances at this moment are 40-55 members strong, It will only take 3 alliances hitting two galaxys each to have 100% coverage and this time, unlike with fence galaxys there will be no 'free ingal defence' from other alliances that they used to get when ptargetted.

Fortress galaxys have pro's and con's, they work superbly if its full of highly active players and they work even better when your alliance has shared DC's rather than one-two permenant DC's, as in effect.. each galaxy will simply be DC'ing for itself within the alliance. However, they dont work that well when they arnt full of the best in your alliance, F-crew and other lower alliances will have a hard time filling there galaxys with players who other alliances will want to avoid (or even feel they wont land on). Also, most alliances tend to have 20 good/active/high scoring players and 30 medicore/support/semi-casual players..

Its then problematic on how to divide that playerbase? 2 flagship galaxys? or split all the good players in with the medicore players? I personally think that most alliances will have one/two decent galaxys with there HC's in and the rest lower. I would therefore feel, that it would be better to have the one/two flagship galaxys with the 30 other members joining fenced galaxys to try and minimise incomings on them/the alliance (based on a 50man alliance).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote