View Single Post
Unread 27 Aug 2010, 02:50   #36
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough
Re: personal data storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
There is really no need for using real names and details in games like this, except when payments are taken into consideration. If you wish to use a credit-card anywhere online, you will have to give out your name, no way around that. True, some countries do not have name-checks, but some do.
But I have to admit I am sick and tired of the whole "i-wont-tell-you-my-name" some people seem to cling to. As much as I respect others privacy, they must also respect that sometimes some kind of identitification is required. Sometimes people break laws through the net and they should be caught. Anonymity has its price and it is usually always paid by others than the anonymous...
So why is it important to reveal my real name for planetarion or any other upcomming browsergame?
I don't think that you guys need to know my name as I don't get mails (not emails) or any rewards being sent for finishing t200 to my home address. so why do you need those details?

@Light
I laughed so hard about your conversation with Spritfire! Congratulations on that one!

P.S. I don't use my real name as well.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote