Thread: Round 25: stats
View Single Post
Unread 22 Jan 2008, 11:22   #123
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 25: stats

Zaejii, you're right.

Sov, you're also (partly) right. Many people play in the way they've always played. Indeed, conversations of the kind you mentioned seem to be getting increasingly more common, in a community with a high level of veterancy like Ascendancy, as well as in alliances like Rock.

However, there are also strategies in the game that require meticulous planning (I daresay more so than "in the old days"). Scanning and distwhoring for example require a fairly intimate knowledge of how to work population and government (the most obvious choice here is not the best). For cov opping one arguably needs even more precise knowledge. When am I immune, what is the best number of agents to use, who to hit, when to hit, how to find targets, the list goes on. I for one have indeed created excel sheets with tickplans, calculations and diagrams to help me understand and improve these strategies (not to mention this, which, although it says it's for r22, is updated for r25), and although I doubt many others have done the same, I have noticed a certain demand for that knowledge. (I have been dubbed the unofficial PA FAQ by some. )
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote