View Single Post
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 02:33   #29
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Saddams death, tragedy or great victory?

There are approximately 5000 people in jail for life at the moment (I'm not sure of the source, but it was 4801 or so), if 1/5 of the people who are in for life are executed, a considerable sum is saved for other uses such as the NHS.
Before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, I am not proposing that we execute 1000 people a year, as we don't get 5000 people sentenced to life each year (yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Source please.
Admittedly, I have no source. I was merely attempting to use logic - knowing that I would be killed if I murdered someone puts me off it more than being imprisoned, especially with the current prison system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it more expensive in America to kill a man than to imprison one for life?
I don't have a great deal of information on this, it must be the beaurocratic processes mentioned by Keizari - I am not exactly sure which processes need to be undergone and how they differ to the sentencing of a person to life, but execution instead.

once again, I find myself arguing for the death penalty when I'm not actually for it