View Single Post
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 17:08   #39
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My mental state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
No one really knows exactly how anyone else is going to react - they can only guess from previous experiences. But again, this is almost sterotyping them. A lot of makes up a person is how he reacts to things, and if you know how someone would react to everything, it becomes very very boring.

Your post generally boils down to "if you're not yourself, it generally doesn't work, so be yourself". This begs the question of working out who you are, but that's a different topics :-).

I have to admit I don't follow my own advice, and am often found as a wallflower.

Anyway, back to SilverSmoke knocking his pipe out on his godlike upper body.
Of course you never know how somebody will react. The point is, that IF the possible reaction bothers you (wich i understood is sort of his fear..) then it works very well to think how rational it is to expect a reaction like the one you fear, and then wonder if you can change the way you think about that reaction.

Lets put it simple. I bought a new dress..i am afraid my friend will say its horrible, wich will make me feel less happy with the dress. I start asking myself why i assume she will dislike it, and then will ask myself why it would bother me if somebody else dislikes what i like.

Sometimes when i think along this structure (with more important issues then a dress obviously) it helps me dealing with the things he has on his mind. I am not saying at all you always have to be yourself or else its shit, i am saying as soon as IT BOTHERS YOU, its time to fix it. Hell, i act totally not like me daily at work and couldnot care less. But i do care towards ppl who matter.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote