Thread: Ally limits
View Single Post
Unread 19 Jul 2012, 10:47   #129
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ally limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Yeah a number of people think you are a troll. Now you've confirmed it
Here's how I think that conversation went:

<Wizard> Hey, everyone! You know that Amnion guy, the one who uses the forum nick ArcChas?

Hmm. Wait, no... you've not actually picked up on that detail yet. I'll start again.

<Wizard> Hey, everyone! You know that ArcChas guy from the forums? Who is he? Anyone heard of him? Don't you all agree with me in my assertion that he is nothing but a troll that doesn't play anymore?

<random IRC user> Dude, shut up.

<Wizard> Thank you for offering me the affirmation of my own opinions that I desperately craved from my fellow peers (given that I don't have the courage of my own convictions to make a point without feeling the necessity to give it the weight of a group of undisclosed yet oddly like-minded individuals)

*runs to forum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I'm incapable of actually reading what you've put in your post, but I did notice the word 'troll'. I'll assume that you were simply confirming my opinion in that you are, in fact, just a troll who doesn't play anymore. Which makes my point exactly.
Okay, first, you have no point. Amnion was contributing to a discussion with on-topic posts relating to the subject at hand (smaller tag sizes). You then tried to invalidate his argument based not on merit, but by challenging his credentials. Even when he dismissed your efforts of trolling as... well, trolling... you persisted.

This conversation is one that's been had time and time again, and a lot of the posts found in this thread are similar to ones seen in other, likened threads of the past. There are very few possible 'new perspectives' on the merits of small tags vs large tags.

That's not, however, your cue to start flaming those who have opinions on the matter that you disagree with. I guess the reason for your digression is simply your inability to handle a balanced conversation exploring both sides of an argument. Which, to be honest, is your loss.