View Single Post
Unread 21 May 2009, 07:44   #283
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all
Re: R31 tick 450 | Current state of politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Long term, it's a strategy that has worked in the past and would certainly act to discourage BG's from launching on Ascendancy, as a lot of them have players who are essentially, playing for rank.
First of all, nice analysis in general, but this part made me wonder. It's been said a few times before by asc.
Ofcourse I guess for almost every player ranking is important in some way. And almost everyone will agree losing score=bad and gaining score=good.
But when you single it out and mention it like this, you make it seem like the BG's are playing only for rank or mostly for rank, while I'd think they care about ranking a lot less than the average Asc or xVx player.
Since if it was ranking they would be after they would have joined Asc or napped Asc. Instead they chose to hit Asc knowing full well their BG wouldnt have enough defense to defend properly against an ally 3-4 times their size.
Ofcourse I dont know everyone in all the bg's and even in my own there are a few scorequeens, but I was mostly just curious why you thought playing in a bg meant playing for rank.

oh and for that competing discussion, just use players instead of alliances.
Are the top 10 players competing against eachother for nr1 spot?
Or is that only true if they actually fight eachother?
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote