Thread: Phone a friend!
View Single Post
Unread 25 Sep 2006, 19:48   #9
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Phone a friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Jakiri because he would know.
He's also quite likely to ignore the answer and point out that the question's wrong. Or tell you that the answer's not one of the four options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
A2/Phil and making sure they have google up and running for the duration of the show.
I've always wondered how they'd stop this sort of thing. I mean, not Google, because the "I'll tell you in 15 seconds <tap> <tap> <tap> 1974" might give you away, but I don't see why you couldn't have your phone-a-friend in a room with twenty other people who all listen to the question on speaker-phone and scribble down the answer on a piece of paper and show the friend if they know the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Tomkat for male/female gender issues
You see a person with a flat chest, an Adam's apple and short spiky hair. Is this person (a) a bloke (b) a male personage (c) the owner of a penis or (d) I'll tell you once I've asked him if he's single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Tacitus wouldn't be a bad choice. He seems to have a lot of information on hand.
You'd get the answer, but you'd also get the entire historical and social background to the answer. How well this would work in a 30-second phone call I'm not too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Yahwe also knows a fair amount but he would probably spend most of the alotted time telling me what a spastic I was for not knowing to begin with.
Or making you tell him how tall you are before he decides to help you.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote