Thread: G to the De-tox
View Single Post
Unread 28 Jul 2008, 19:59   #30
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: G to the De-tox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow View Post

I disagree. Language, logic, and creativity are three very different things with different purposes.

Language is used to communicate, pretty obviously. It's a way of changing material things and concepts into easy to understand signs so that we can pass ideas from one person's mind into anothers and learn from each other. We also use it internally to think. You could say that this is a way of simplifying. The word "rock" is never going to be as "rocky" as a real rock.

Logic is completely different, it's the process by which we infer and deduce things starting from other things. It's more fundamental than language and completely, unreservedly correct when used properly. Whereas language is never completely "correct", logic always is. I also don't see how it's a way to simplify things, it's more a way to describe things, simplification is not necessary. Could you explain how you think that is?

Creativity could possibly be said to be a way to simplify things I guess, in some circumstances. It simplifies in some respects but quite often it adds to concepts, too.
AH BUT ACTUALLY THE ROCK IS AN EVIL DEMON'S PENIS

Last edited by Boogster; 28 Jul 2008 at 20:04.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote